Duralawn is coated with Formula 5 – a proprietary seed coating that protects seed quality by not adding moisture. Its 5 micro-nutrients enhance the growing conditions around the seed increasing seedling vigor.
Formula 5 seed coating makes Duralawn grass seed easy to use because it spreads more evenly than its non-coated counterpart.
Why Choose Duralawn?
- Proprietary Coating Technology (Formula 5) protects seed quality and increases germination rate.
- Formula 5 seed coating is applied without the use of heat and preserves seed health by not adding moisture.
- Formula 5 seed coat is lighter than other seed coatings resulting in more seed per bag.
- Formula 5 seed coating contains 5 micronutrients to enhance growing conditions.
- More durable bag is less likely to tear or break and resists pests.
- Lighter, forty pound size is easier to lift and transport.
*both are available in a 40# bag.
Duralawn Sun & Shade
Duralawn KY 31 Tall Fescue
For best results start by taking a soil sample of your lawn and have the pH (soil acidity) tested. The ideal soil has a pH between 6 and 6.8.
Overseeding an Existing Lawn
- Mow grass on shortest setting.
- Remove dead grass and loosen soil.
- Over-seed at a rate of 3 pounds per 1000 square feet.
Establishing a New Lawn
- Cultivate the top inch of soil.
- Plant seeds an eighth of an inch deep at a rate of four pounds per 1000 square feet.
Germination and Initial Care
- Plant grass seed when soils are 60-80 degrees.
- Apply straw to retain moisture and reduce erosion.
- Water at least once a day.
- Nourish with fertilizer such as Power Plus 13-13-13 or Power Plus 12-12-12.
*Sunlight, soil depth, temperature and moisture effect germination, however you should see some growth in 1-3 weeks.
Tips for a Great Lawn
- Keep soil moist until grass is 2 inches high.
- Reduce traffic in newly planted areas.
- Reapply where seed has washed away or has be eaten by animals.
- Begin mowing when grass has grown 1/3 of an inch higher than recommended mowing height.
- Do not mow more than 1/3 of grass height. This will keep your lawn healthy and lush.
- During the summer it may benefit your lawn to keep it longer to reduce damage from heat.
- For best results, fertilize with Power Plus fertilizers throughout the growing season.
- Do not over water.